Join a global brand going through exciting changes
Opportunity to lead on the Occupational Hygiene for a new lab
About Our Client
A global brand and market leader in research and development with world class facilities.
As part of the UK South Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Team, the role holder will play a critical part in integrating strategic, proactive occupational hygiene expertise in the implementation of the integrated Cambridge Operations SHE Management System. Whether your experience is in laboratories or office and workplace, this opportunity could be for you.
This is such an exciting time to be part of the team, as we transition to our new R&D facility, located at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus (CBC) in Central Cambridge. The CBC is our new R&D Centre and Global Corporate HQ which is being constructed in the heart of Cambridge - a world leading scientific hub. It will bring together under one roof for the first time in the UK all our small molecule and biologics research capability.
- You will develop and lead the strategic Occupational Hygiene programme, providing leadership, direction and management for this programme, whilst bringing technical and specialist knowledge to the team;
- As a senior member of the SHE team, you will play an active role in developing and mentoring other team members;
- You will provide Occupational Hygiene support to the development and implementation of the Integrated Cambridge Operations SHE Management System;
- You will deliver the Occupational Hygiene aspects of the SHE Assurance Framework for asset and occupation readiness, together with Occupational Hygiene related acceptance criteria;
- You will provide an occupational audit function for SHE Assurance to demonstrate and measure compliance;
- You will participate in 'asset' and 'operational' risk assessments, where there is an occupational/industrial hygiene consideration, as well as providing input into Risk Registers and associated mitigation measures;
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role we think the following experience is essential:
- You should have experienced Occupational Hygienist in either biotech, pharma or a a research field.
- Effective leadership skills with a passion for continual improvement for yourself and others.
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to challenge conventional thinking and implement creative ideas, balanced with a good understanding and approach to risk management.
- Knowledge, ability and experience to translate relevant Occupational Hygiene legal requirements and best practices into strategic imperatives in a pragmatic and proactive way.
- Experience of developing and implementing Occupational Hygiene programmes in a highly regulated environment.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a leadership role, based in Cambridge, focused on the design of a new lab and the ongoing monitoring thereof from the point of view of an Occupational Hygienist