- An opportunity with a leading automotive business
- Ocean freight experts please apply!
About Our Client
My client is a leading multi-national provider of logistics solutions to the automotive industry. They are currently undergoing a large period of change and are looking to identify Ocean Freight experts to join their team. The roles can exist in Nottingham.
The successful Ocean Freight Controller will report into the Commercial Operations Manager on a daily basis. You will be working across a standard Monday to Friday, office hours, schedule and will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- End to end booking, pricing and quotations of manufactured shipments, primarily by means of ocean freight, across the global.
- Manage a vast network of over 600 suppliers / carriers, whilst additionally looking to continual improve relationships and costings.
- Responsibility for a small team of 4x Ocean Freight Expert (including PDR's, 1to1's, performance reviews).
- Ensuring our customer receives only the highest quality service at the best possible price.
- This role will also co-ordinate a variety of different shipments - OOG products, project forwarding shipments, AOG time-critical shipments.
- Ensure financial, quality, safety targets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring all relevant compliance and administrative procedures are following, along with customs clearance.
The Successful Applicant
As an Ocean Freight Controller you will be required to have attributes and experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years experience in Ocean Freight (ideally export)
- Freight forwarding experience
- Commutable to the Nottingham area.
What's on Offer
- 12% company bonus
- 33 days per annum annual leave
- Private healthcare allowance