- Work directly for the CFO and challenge the leadership team
- Work flexibly and autonomous to become 'Head of Risk and Assurance'
About Our Client
A highly regarded, well known organisation in Bristol and the wider South West Region. They provide excellent benefits and flexible working opportunities for all their employees
The key responsibilities for this Risk and Assurance Manager position in Bristol are:
- Promoting risk awareness across the company through clear and engaging communications, workshops and provision of guidelines, to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proactively partnering with and supporting managers across the business, providing advice, guidance, support and coaching
- In collaboration with the leadership team, establishing company risk appetite and tolerances, then defining operating principles and monitoring performance.
- Regularly reviewing the overall risk management process for the organisation, maintaining and developing the risk management policy and framework, following recognised best practice.
- Undertaking first level assurance testing across all departments.
- Developing and maintaining the corporate risk register, informing and co-ordinating submissions from functional teams.
- Preparing risk and internal control reports for the Audit & Risk Committee, identifying areas for improvement
- Providing input to the strategic plan in relation to enterprise risk management.
- Utilising multiple sources of information such as experts within our shareholder group, including OTPP and COSO13 audits, to challenge and refresh our approach as appropriate.
- Utilising management information to analyse trends to mitigate risk exposure.
The Successful Applicant
For this Risk and Assurance Manager, our client are searching for a candidate who has/is:
- Substantial experience in similar risk management roles, ideally within an operational or service-based industry.
- Relevant risk management and corporate governance qualifications
- Familiarity with standard corporate governance frameworks such as Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, Cadbury etc.
- Strong understanding of business threats together with appropriate mitigations and controls.
- Excellent communication, and relationship building skills, with evidence of successful business outcomes through influencing, business partnering and advising.
- Competent and confident presenter with experience in designing and delivering risk workshops.
- Emotionally intelligent and politically aware with the ability to effectively utilise both direct and indirect influencing strategies, including with senior or challenging individuals.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary (Experience Dependent)
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 29 days with service)
- Pension with generous employer contribution (matched up to 9%)
- Group Life Assurance (6 x salary)
- Private Medical Insurance with BUPA
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance Related Bonus scheme
- Free on-site gym
- Discounts and savings