Rare and exciting opportunity to join a growing SME as Operations Director
Sustainable and award winning drinks manufacturer
About Our Client
Equinox Kombucha does exactly what it says on the tin (or bottle as it were); they produce Kombucha which (for those who don't know) is a fermented drink made from green tea, cane sugar and a live culture.
Their mission is to disrupt the soft drinks market. A british company crafting organic, sustainable and award winning Kombucha for all to enjoy.
Equinox are based in the Calderdale Valley in West Yorkshire, a unique community and business ecosystem undergoing social and environmental transformation. As such a culture of continuous improvement, ethics and sustainability are essential to the way the company operates
As Operations Director, your role is essentially to make sure that the tasty Kombucha is produced in an efficient and slick process to ensure that the your customers can enjoy top quality Kombucha. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring adherence to organisational policies and procedures in the discharging of principal accountabilities and functions.
- Actively working with the senior management team in the creative decisions including what kinds of drinks will be produced and advising on where raw materials are sourced and the machinery to be used in the production process.
- Analysing orders to estimate worker hours and create production schedules that meet both internal and external needs; establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules as needed.
- End to end management of production planning, capacity planning and line scheduling operations
- Liaison between Production, Brewery and Warehouse Managers to ensure efficient operations
- Support for the program management of all capacity expansions plans (site, plant, staff)
- Co-ownership of the delivery of the annual operations budget and project capex budget
- Developing, recommending, implementing and improving production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement, taking initiatives to improve production efficiency and effectiveness, operational consistency for reduced cost and increased performance.
- Ensuring the health, safety, hygiene and other quality and Regulatory requirements are being adhered to daily.
- Developing capital equipment justification for machine, equipment and process technology to improve quality, right first time KPI's, cost and cycle times.
- Recruitment, training and monitoring of team members' staff performance and progress, ensuring at all times that acceptable behaviour and practices are role modelled.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues, customers, visitors and other individuals visiting or working in the business.
- Achievement and continuous improvement of the B Corp sustainability processes, principles and culture
- Representing the company as an honest, knowledgeable and conscientious ambassador.
- Ensuring and achieving the objectives of the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Undertaking any other duties in order to meet personal, team and organisational objectives following consultation with your line manager.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- A proven track record of operational leadership in a Food/Drink Manufacturing environment
- Experience of budget control/management
- A passion for continuous improvement, the environment and sustainability
Whilst not essential, a love for Kombucha would definitely help.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone to join an exciting business with huge growth potential. You will be supporting the growth and development of the operation (people and processes). In return for joining the business at such a critical stage, you will be able to add huge amounts of value and reap the rewards for your work.