- Carl Zeiss Vision UK are an international leader in optics
- Focused on accelerating growth even further, aiming to double growth by 2025
About Our Client
As the Operations Director at Carl Zeiss Vision UK, you will lead the Operations function to ensure they deliver the highest quality products to their customers efficiently and safely. You will be based fully on-site in their newly refurbished Birmingham City Centre location to work side-by-side with your team. Reporting to the Managing Director and working as a business partner to the wider executive team, you will create and drive innovative strategy to enable us to achieve our ambitious Agenda 2025 business goals. This will be done by continuously evolving the Operations function to ensure capacity can be met as the business grows. This role is critical to the success of the organisation.
Carl Zeiss Vision UK are part of the ZEISS group, an international leader in the field of optics, with over 36,000 employees across 50 countries around the globe. Founded in 1846, the innovative strength and extensive optical expertise of ZEISS has played a central role in shaping the eyeglass industry since 1912.
Their brand enhances the lives and vision of millions of people around the world. In fact, 2 people every second put their trust in ZEISS lenses. With a portfolio aligned with future growth areas like digitalization, healthcare and Smart Production and a strong brand, ZEISS is shaping the future far beyond the optics. Their significant, sustainable investments in R&D lay the foundation for the success and continued expansion of ZEISS' technology and market leadership.
ZEISS is more successful today than they have ever been, having celebrated double digit growth for the past ten years but still focused on accelerating growth even further, aiming to double growth by 2025.
You will lead, mentor, coach and develop the Operations Management Team, enabling a vibrant culture of continuous improvement across the department. They pride themselves on their Great Place to Work status and they are aspiring to become best workplace. In your role, you will be responsible for ensuring all employees in the department enjoy working at ZEISS, by remaining engaged, motivated, developed, and listened to.
- Enable delivery of the Agenda 2025 goals across the Operations Team.
- Create, align and execute the operational strategies that enable business success.
- Evolve operational capabilities to meet current and future customer needs and enable delivery of new commercial opportunities.
- Champion the H&S and Environmental agenda within the UK, so all compliance obligations are met, and business risks understood and minimised.
- Empower and develop capabilities within Functional Teams to increase contribution to Carl Zeiss Vision UK being certified as a best workplace.
- As part of the Leadership team, contribute to developing a vibrant and enduring continuous improvement culture within the UK organisation that supports the ZEISS Purpose, Culture, Beliefs and Values.
- To deliver outstanding productivity and quality performance across the Operations field.
- To mentor, coach and develop the capabilities of the Operations Management team, by role modelling best practice methodologies, frameworks & processes and providing feedback on the teams' everyday application.
- To lead and facilitate Operational teams to identify aligned standards/expectations and activities that enable employees to feel fully engaged and a part of the company success.
- To support the development of a continuous improvement culture through regular review and engagement of managers, team leaders, processes and systems.
- To support Health & Safety and Environmental agenda ensuring appropriate law, policies, procedures, training and record keeping is in place.
- To develop and control operational budgets to promote profitability and ensure the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- To create and maintain effective relationships with contractors, suppliers and other external personnel.
- To ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting of all key Operations metrics supported by insightful performance analysis that is used to drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
The Successful Applicant
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manufacturing/production/operations senior manager to deliver real business change in a growing and successful business. This role is suited to someone with previous experience of managing teams within a complex, fast paced, end-to-end operation and with the following:
- Educated to degree level or qualified through relevant industry experience
- Proven experience driving continuous improvement using tools such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, DMAIC, SMED etc.
- Proven ability to grow and develop team members to reach their potential
- Ability to manage internal stakeholders at all levels of the business up to board level with proven success
- Strong project management skills and proven capability in delivering successful projects would be advantageous
What's on Offer
Market Leading Salary + Package