Operations Director to support and grow the Northern region
Working in Infrastructure services for Property Development
About Our Client
A leading Property and Utility specialist, at an exciting stage in the business's development.
- Support the delivery of the corporate and business strategy, growth and business plan for the Business unit including geographical growth.
- Deliver the approved annual targets and cash performance within the business plan agreed with Managing Director.
- Assume Key Account responsibilities for key customers and suppliers identified within the business strategy.
- Contribute to the collective ownership of the Business Board agenda and play an influential role within the wider leadership Group
- Develop and continuously deliver a winning proposition for customers
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement across the Business unit
- To lead, manage and support production teams during the whole project life cycle both pre and post contract.
- Support for bidding strategy and pricing within the Business unit to ensure profitable growth in line with delegated authorities for sign off.
- Anticipate and manage risks inherent within the Business portfolio.
- Champion Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainability performance within the Business Unit and amongst supply chain partners
- Champion continuous improvement of delivery and professional standards in achieving Operational excellence and supply chain management.
- Ensure that methods and procedures used comply with our Quality Management System or make the case to change the procedure.
- Develop the capability and careers of the people in their Business Unit to meet the business requirements of right quantity, right quality, right skills, right time.
- To be the custodian of and enhance the brand and values in all aspects of the Business Unit operation.
- To ensure there are adequate levels of appropriately inducted and trained resources with the necessary capabilities for current and future projects.
- To encourage and promote innovation within Operations that supports the continual enhancement of the Business Unit performance.
- Effective team leadership and communication - managing monitoring and coaching line managers by being in regular contact with each area and ensuring that information is communicated throughout the business unit.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven track record of leadership in senior position running multiple work packages and creating successful teams
- A proactive agent for change and innovation
- Excellent customer facing and networking skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Tenacity in achieving objectives and deadlines
- Passion for service excellence
- Based in the North West of England
- A track record of developing and delivering profitable growth in the Utilities sector.
- Proven experience of high-pressure gas schemes will be advantageous.
- Experience of large complex schemes.
- Knowledge of mechanical and civil engineering challenges.
What's on Offer
Fantastic salary ranging from £80-100k depending on experience
Package including Car/Allowance
Benefits package on top.
Seeking starts as soon as possible, 3 months can be considered but not ideal