A successful, innovative and forward thinking organisation
Well invested and expanding organisation operating in a growth sector
About Our Client
Our client is a successful, innovative and forward-thinking organisation that provides a valuable service to the B2C market.
The organisation is led by a highly capable senior leadership team who have ambitious plans to continue developing its capability whilst keeping customers at its centre. They are passionate, relentless and determined to make a difference in their market and view their people as the key to their success. They are able to offer a supportive environment that encourages you to professionally develop and drive your career forward in an organisation that is proud of its values and acts with integrity in everything they do.
The overall purpose of the role:
The Operations Director has strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing a forward-thinking production strategy that maximises efficiency, optimises production levels and drives operational excellence. By working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders you will be seeking for best in class production and business practices to deliver against customer expectations, managing teams and project across the business. You will play a pivotal role in the building of a new production facility.
The Operations Director will provide clear leadership and vision, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them as they develop new skills.
You will drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the production function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards. Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated, direct and drive implementation of Lean Business strategy and drive Continuous Improvement across all productions areas of the business.
- Overall responsibility for production activities across the business
- Create and implement a best practice production vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Evaluate and implement suitable automated processes
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process
- Initiate and develop creative and innovative production processes
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Proactively work with line management, engineering, service and other departments to incorporate best practices into the production environment
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrable experience of leading a large scale / high volume production function, likely to be from the automotive, aerospace or food sectors with a proven track record in strategic manufacturing leadership delivering effective manufacturing strategies, policies, processes and systems
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Knowledge and technical understanding of world-class manufacturing processes and techniques
- Experience of operating and influencing at a strategic level
- A successful track record of leading the design, development and delivery of efficient production through directing and driving a Lean and Continuous Improvement approach.
- An established, credible leader, with proven ability to lead and influence colleagues from the shop floor to the boardroom with gravitas and impact.
- Proven ability to identify and make changes in production efficiency and to guide the business to live up to those expectations in the fast-evolving world.
- Adept at interpretation and leveraging data to evaluate and implement suitable automation.
- Demonstrate experience of aligning business and strategic objectives with production strategy.
- Experience of implementing projects, ideally including a New Build project.
What's on Offer
Attractive basic, performance bonus and benefits.