- Packaging division - supporting Operations Finance Business Partner
- Provide analysis and insight to support and challenge the business
About Our Client
A leading provider of sustainable fibre-based packaging worldwide, which is supported by recycling and paper making operations. Our client plays a central role in the value chain across sectors including e-commerce, fast moving consumer goods and industrials.
An exciting role with a leading provider of fibre-based packaging - you will join as an Operations Finance Manager, supporting the Operations Finance Business Partner and the team across four manufacturing sites in the industrial sector. Within the role, you will provide analysis and insight to support and challenge the business, to facilitate cost control and continual improvement in operational KPIs.
You will need to understand and communicate where and how the business can create value, collaborating with management and looking at ways to improve operational performance, providing data and insight into key drivers around cost, productivity, waste and fibre efficiency that will help to influence decision making within the business. You will get involved with site level analysis to understand the performance of specific assets and be involved with the business reporting cycle - month end, forecasting and budgeting.
The role will see you managing the cost modelling process, being responsible for the inputs and data provide by each site, ensuring consistency and accuracy in a timely fashion when attributing costs to assets, supporting and understanding of product profitability and efficiency over time.
You will provide insight to help the teams better understand the drivers of conversion costs, working with finance to champion the drive for working capital, looking at innovative solutions to analyse data differently, and developing good governance processes to enable smooth unit control reviews and internal audits.
You will also assist with the preparation of investment activity programmes, producing the required financials and documentation to support projects, and helping to evaluate investments through pre and post investment appraisals.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level, with an accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- At least one year of post-qualified experience in a finance analysis role
- A strong understanding of financial management and reporting, financial controls and processes, implementation and governance
- Highly motivated, collaborative, innovative, confident, able to influence business stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment (preferably manufacturing), able to adapt to change and to make quick decisions
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (specifically Excel)
What's on Offer
- £58k-60k per annum basic salary
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and corporate discounts