Operations Implementations Manager
A reputable retailer who are looking to modernise IT and operational processes
Looking for systems savvy logistics proffesionals to help drive CI within ops
About Our Client
My client are a long established online retailer based in Worcester who have experienced an unexpected peak over the last few weeks which has lead them to create this position within their leadership structure.
The business are keen to embrace change and look at implementing certain technologies to drive efficiences and productivity.
In this role you will be a crucial member of the management team who oversees the smooth running of our Midlands site, helping the operation to achieve outstanding service to our customers.
You will also play a large role in driving operational change through process improvements, employee engagement and systems implementations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage the safe operation of the warehouse and transport functions
- Team engagement; be the first line of contact responding to employee's questions and addressing their concerns
- Co-ordinate short & long term labour and equipment plans.
- Reviewing staffing levels by function, rotating staff accordingly in line with actual volumes.
- Monitor and manage team performance against KPI's.
- Ensure effective communications-up, down and across the business.
- Help to ensure customer service levels are met or exceeded, embrace ongoing process development and change to identify best practice and opportunities.
- Review KPI's and help to ensure service and cost parameters are met.
- Ensure best practise is developed and used, constantly seeking improvements to layout, efficiency and stock integrity.
- Develop staff by training, mentoring and personal development plans.
- Deputise for the Operations Director in their absence.
- Liaise with transport functions to resolve operational day to day issues and plan to prevent re-occurrence.
- Works with key stake holders to identify and improve areas of spend, sharing best practice and improving the operation when opportunities present themselves.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience of working in a fast paced, e-commerce warehouse or distribution centre
- Strong leadership abilities, driving results through a team approach.
- Ability to engage, coach and develop your team.
- Ability to challenge the 'status-quo' of the operation and implement plans to improve.
- Strong communication skills, both internal and external.
- Ability to work various shifts as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making abilities and ability to integrate and apply information.
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) experience.
- Commercially focused and budget ownership.
- Experience within the FMCG shared user environment.
- To be able to lead from the front and command respect from their peers.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £45,000 + benefits