BSc degree in related science or appropriate specific training and experience.
Experience of managing appropriate accreditation systems, e.g. ISO 9001 / 17025
About Our Client
Highly regulated manufacturing site
- Managing the day to day schedule of the laboratories, to ensure best use of time, personnel and resources to deliver to the business plan. Including detailed schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ensuring Service delivery to customers on time and to the required standard, with the production and service delivery staff..
- Working with the Quality Manager and General Manager to ensure proper implementation of quality systems.
- Responsibility for Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Provides guidance to employees and manages 3-4 staff members.
- Technical reviewer for internal and external reports.
- Responsibility for equipment required for the delivery of the business.
- Working with the General Manager to increase capacity and efficiency as the company grows.
- Managing the stock supply and usage.
- Provide extra capacity in production, microbiology services and histology as needed.
- Helping to Identify any skills gaps in the organisation and organising training or new staff as appropriate.
- Deputising for General Manager as needed.
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc degree in related science or appropriate specific training and experience.
- Highly experienced in Laboratory and Staff Management and scheduling
- Experience of managing appropriate accreditation systems, e.g. ISO 9001 / 17025 / GLP
- Experience and understanding of research and operational activities and delivery of laboratory projects.
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to achieve high standards.
- Highly Organised. Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to Manage Time and Workload Effectively
- Capacity to work accurately, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (verbal & written)
- Ability to work efficiently and manage time as part of a team.
- Professional who is experienced and dependable with enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills, Both Written and Verbal
- Experience in Negotiating and Working with Suppliers
- Ability to Engage and Motivate Others
What's on Offer
Please ask for further details