£45,000 - £55,000
Excellent development potential
About Our Client
Our client has a global presence and specialise in a range of services offered to a variety of industries including health-care, industrial and hospitality.
- Work closely with the engineering, service, stores and logistics teams to continuously improve site overall effectiveness ensuring utilisation of production facilities, people development/engagement and a lean culture.
- To ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times to deliver "best practice" within the production, engineering and stores operations
- Ensure the production/engineering departments comply with Group and plant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and requirements, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment
- Run continuous improvement discussions/forums and quality circles to investigate and analyse all production related issues and to ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager (GM), monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances to agreed targets.
- Deputise for GM in their absence.
- Work with the GM to develop strategic plans for all operational activity and capital requests
- Generate and analyse reports/KPIs making recommendations on trends, improvements and corrective actions to achieve and enhance operational excellence.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven experience within production, supply chain and /or service management is essential
- Prior experience working at Operations Manager level is essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or a proven track record from a lean manufacturing/process industry
- NEBOSH certificate or country equivalent qualification
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Proactive customer focused approach to service delivery.
- Flexible with regards to hours worked.
- Financial knowledge covering budgeting forecasting.
- Experience of leading, motivating and recruiting a high performance team.
What's on Offer
Salary 45-55k + benefits