Well Established Specialist Manufacturer
Leading Operational Improvement
About Our Client
This leading manufacturer develop an array of specialist products and are looking to do so in the most effective and efficient way. As they continue to evolve, they are in need of a Operations Manager to lead the team into the next phase of their journey. You have the chance to be instrumental in driving best practice through improving their manufacturing processes.
The Operations Manager will have the exciting challenge of optimising the site operation. The emphasis is continuous improvement requiring creativity from you and your team; leading, inspiring and engaging your team to achieve excellence in everything they do.
- Oversee end to end site operations
- Develop and manage operational KPIs
- Work closely with the Environment, Health & Safety Manager to ensure all operations on site are in accordance with the EH&S expectations and the local / national regulating authorities.
- Represent the company in front of governmental & industry authorities, external auditors and act as a main point of contact.
- Lead and develop the operations management team to deliver site performance targets in areas of Quality, Environment, Health & Safety, Productivity & Customer Satisfaction.
- Develop and implement operating methods & procedures designed to reduce or eliminate operating problems and improve product cost, quality, delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and drive improvement initiatives (e.g. 6S, waste reduction and cost reduction projects)
- Ensure close cooperation with all internal customers (e.g. Sales, Finance)
- Analyse activities to reduce costs and to obtain optimum utilisation of personnel & equipment.
- Prepare and submit monthly reporting.
- Build business cases to gain approval of capital expense projects and implement those projects.
- Implement regional and global company initiatives (e.g. best practices, QEHS project)
The Successful Applicant
An Operations Manager with extensive end to end Manufacturing experience (ideally a mixing & blending operation) and the following:
- A degree in scientific or engineering based discipline or qualified by experience
- Experience of world class/ improvement manufacturing techniques (5S/6S, lean, Six Sigma etc.)
- Ability to engage, coach and develop teams; through KPI management and effective communication skills
- Strong leadership capability
- A passion for Quality, Environment, Health & Safety performance
- Preferably hold an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or NEBOSH General Certificate
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- Previous experience of SAP ERP system is an advantage
What's on Offer
Circa £50,000 - £65,000 + Additional Benefits