- Fast-Growing Manufacturing Business
- Loads of progression opportunities as the business grows
About Our Client
My client is a growing manufacturing business that specialises in the production of waste material. They have been growing exponentially over the last few years with key appointments made in their operational team. They have identified a key new position within their operational management team that they need to recruit for the Leeds facility.The Operations Manager will become an integral part of the businesses incineration facility, managing all activities and being responsible for the general growth of their area from a personnel perspective. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the successful operation of the site with full accountability for delivering business improvement, revenue growth and budget control.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The management and allocation of site personnel, including the oversight of staff training and associated plant administration, including Payroll, Recruitment and Staff KPI monitoring.
- Monitoring of work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity and processes.
- Manages and monitors daily performance of plant employees, directly or within guidance, providing feedback (including growth opportunities) for all team members.
- Performing facility audits and initiating actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards & improvements.
- Initiates Continuous Improvement Practices in all phases of the operation in order to achieve all production, safety, compliance goals.
- Organising planned maintenance activities in conjunction with the Regional Process Manager, Maintenance Manager, Site Supervisors, and the Engineering Team.
- Ensuring the facility maintains and exceeds standards and operational related functions in a timely manner.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this position must be:
- Experienced within a similar level position in a manufacturing environment, with over 5+ years management experience.
- Experience within the waste and process industries is advantageous.
- A strong leader of teams and an inspiring people manager who can lead and motivate a high performing team.
- Commercially focused with an ability to be customer focused in their position.
- COSHH/IOSH qualified is advantageous.
- Data-driven and have an ability to implement improvements after analysing key metrics.
- Adaptable and be able to communicate with key internal stakeholders with an in-depth understanding of their job roles.
- Educated to Bachelors Degree or equivalent in management or environmental related field.
- Good with financial figures and be able to understand and have run their own P&L.
What's on Offer
On offer for the candidate is:
- £47-£52k starting basic salary dependent upon experience.
- Private Healthcare Package
- Very competitive pension scheme.
- Loads of opportunities to progress your career further, with fluid pathways available.