UK wide remit to lead performance of a large field-based team
Opportunity to deliver continued success and support business development
About Our Client
My client is a well-respected international consultancy. Across the UK they have a successful 50 year track record of offering engineering and project management services within utilities, infrastructure, and property. Their structure enables them to offer specialist advice across the UK but with the company ethos of innovation in problem solving and clear communication of solutions running throughout the business. Within part of their utilities business they have a requirement for a new Operations Manager to help maintain successful performance in existing markets and drive change and growth in new areas.
As the Operations Manager you will lead a UK-wide team of engineers delivering key services in a utilities market. You will be able to work remotely/work from home, but will be required to travel across the UK.
- You will have the responsibility to implement change where necessary to ensure the business can maintain its successful performance in existing markets.
- People and performance management is critical, but you will also be the face of the business area with key client stakeholders ensuring service level expectations are understood and met.
- As the business area looks to achieve growth via both market penetration and diversification you will need to demonstrate a commercial approach to identify and act upon opportunities
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicants for this Operations Manager role will:
- Possess an engineering background (at least degree level education);
- Show the ability to manage a diverse team of individuals across a number of locations;
- Demonstrate success in implementing change within a business (e.g. reorganisation, adoption of technology, etc.);
- Have an excellent ability to engage and manage client relationships with a track record of successfully continuing to win new work;
- Be able to effectively identify and appraise new market or service opportunities to support growth activities.
Utilities experience is highly advantageous for this position, but applicants from other sector areas will be considered if they can demonstrate a track record of success in all key areas and familiarity managing field-based teams.
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful candidate will be:
- Base salary between £70,000-£90,000 (depending on experience)
- Package including car allowance, bonus, private medical, pension, etc.
- The opportunity to work from home and nationwide (no fixed location for the role)
A position which provides an existing platform to build on and opportunity to help guide the growth into new areas.