A fantastic temporary position
Working in the Marine and Technology division
About Our Client
Our client is a multinational corporation specialising in managing complex assets and infrastructures. The role of Oracle Developer is part of the Oracle Services Team within Business Solutions, Marine and Technology (M&T) division and reports directly to the Oracle Services Team Leader.
Main Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing Oracle based applications, working with SQL and Oracle PLSQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Apex and Formspider.
You should be confident at highlighting issues, providing estimates and delivering progress reports to project managers and your team leader.
You will work with the team and follow the established quality process and coding standards.
You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Oracle services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards.
You will also be responsible for providing technical help/mentoring and product knowledge where needed to junior members of staff.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you need to have an analytical mind, natural fault finding ability, pay close attention to detail, with deep experience in software development.
You should be comfortable working with a range of people from the business including solutions analysts, developers, testers, project managers and product owners.
* A methodical approach to problem solving and demonstrate close attention to detail.
* Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in teams.
* Self-motivated, always keen to deliver effective results and see an issue through to resolution.
* Excellent communication and influencing skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
* Strong experience of Oracle SQL.
* Strong experience of Oracle PLSQL.
* Powershell/bash scripting.
* Experience with working with XML/JSON files
* Developing Oracle RESTful Web Services - ORDS.
* Strong understanding and exposure to Object Oriented practices and principles with IOC experience.
* Relational databases - strong Oracle Database skills.
* Knowledge and experience of software development life cycle and approaches.
* Knowledge and experience of Agile (scrum/Kanban) methodologies and practices.
* Bootstrap 4, CSS.
* Unit testing experience.
* Experience with TFS Azure DevOps 2019, Build and Release Pipelines.
* Knowledge of ERP systems (IFS)
* Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
* Microsoft SQL Server - T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Start date in May
- You will be joining an established team responsible for delivering Oracle services to meet customer requirements and departmental standards