- Great experience and an incredible name on your CV.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
About Our Client
My client's Financial Services teams counsel funds, financial institutions and leading corporations in the investment products industry on the full range of transactions, regulatory and compliance issues. Their experience includes advising many of the world's leading banks and providing counsel on innovative PPPs worldwide, including approximately 250 in Europe. They are the only lawyers to have been involved with HMRC and HM Treasury in their inner "working groups" on property authorised investment funds, funds of alternative investment funds, unauthorised unit trusts and the authorised contractual scheme vehicle. Their people act for major clients including domestic and international banks, insurers, hedge funds, private banks, fund managers and brokers.The role will support Financial Services Disputes & Investigations team on a large piece of work for a key client. You will play a pivotal role reporting into the partner group and assisting them on the day to day management of their client portfolio.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Handling Client Instructions Managing pre-action disputes Progressing civil court proceedings (both claimant and defendant actions)
- Negotiating settlements Providing advice to clients and completing client reports (subject to close supervision) On complex and/or high value cases, you will work within a team, assisting with specific tasks (e.g. document reviews, preparation of court documents, etc.).
- Matter management and client reporting
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally candidates will have a minimum of 12 months litigation experience and you should be a Law graduate, ideally with an LPC, or ILEX.
- You should have been working in an environment where meticulous attention to detail is a priority as well as demonstrating the management of complex processes and contribution towards their improvement.
- Excellent client engagement and IT skills are also required.
- They are a modern, progressive law firm. They are driven by new ideas; they are excited by new approaches; and they are also refreshingly down-to-earth. They think differently and they've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.