- A senior, hands on role within the management team.
- Manage the finance function ensuring that the team is delivering.
About Our Client
Our client develops and markets innovative insurance solutions.
- Manage the finance team, ensuring staff are motivated and efficient
- Produce the monthly management reports for the group and the consolidated reports
- Coordinate with the auditors to produce the statutory accounts, corporation tax computations and other fiscal returns
- Ensure suppliers and underwriters are paid on time and against correctly authorised supporting documentation
- Ensure dealerships and other customers pay their debts in a timely manner
- Oversee the payroll function to ensure staff and HMRC are paid accurately and on time
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed in a timely manner, and that the daily bank reconciliations are up to date
- Complete the VAT returns
- Ensure any other statutory returns are completed accurately and on time
- Monitor the effectiveness of the financial systems and controls, report to the executive team and recommend and implement improvements.
- Adhoc projects as required by senior management.
The Successful Applicant
* Qualified accountant either through an accounting qualification or through experience
* At least 5 year's experience of working within a fast moving finance environment
* Experience of Sage accounting and Excel
* Dealing at board level
* Dealing with third party organisations at a senior level
* Experience working for insurance firms in particular intermediaries
What's on Offer
Part time vacancy- 3 days a week
Competitive salary and benefits.