Part Time Legal Advisor
Work in a superb Legal Department and enjoy highly interesting work
Fantastic global brand
About Our Client
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. For more information about working at OUP, please follow this link:
Technology is at the heart of OUP's global and digital agenda, and this role offers interesting and challenging work.
This flexible, 3 days per week role will report into the General Counsel - Technology and will provide support to technology teams globally across the whole of OUP.
Responsibilities will include:
- supporting Group Technology and the publishing divisions on technology projects globally
- drafting and negotiating a wide range of technology agreements (website and other software development, managed services, e-commerce, access control, subscription management, digital learning platforms, SAP)
- training technology project managers on legal matters
- providing advice on a broad range of technology issues affecting OUP
- advising on data protection matters
- providing day-to-day advice to clients of all levels within OUP
The Successful Applicant
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 3 year's relevant post qualification experience; ideally gained both in-house and in private practice. You will need:
- Excellent drafting and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in a matrix environment in a large, global organisation would be preferable
- Previous experience of drafting and negotiating technology procurement agreements is desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
Excellent package and opportunity to perform highly engaging and interesting work.