Pensions Product Solicitor
In-house, Financial Services
Edinburgh or Witham based
About Our Client
With its headquarters in Edinburgh, Aegon is one of the leading providers of pension and life insurance services in the UK.
This role can be based either at Aegon's Head office in Edinburgh or in Witham. Exceptionally, it may be possible for the successful candidate to carry out some work from Aegon's offices in London at Leadenhall but the candidate would be expected to regularly travel to Aegon's offices in Edinburgh and Witham.
Due to the exciting purchase of the Cofunds earlier this year and the impending transfer to Aegon of the BlackRock pensions business, the Developments team within the Group Legal and Company Secretarial function require an additional pensions product solicitor. This new role within the team will gain exposure to a broad range of situations which will require business skills as well as exceptional legal skills.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in the role of Pensions Product Solicitor you must:
- be qualified as a solicitor or advocate/barrister in one or both of Scotland and England.
- to be able to deliver advice to all levels of the business including executive and senior management and external stakeholders.
- provide legal and technical advice and guidance as well as identifying solutions and risks to the business on development/proposition projects.
- support the launch of new pensions, and insurance based personal investment, other investment (inc ISA and GIA) and insurance products and services (inc protection products).
- assist the team in ensuring that the company's contractual documentation with customers is accurate and of an appropriate standard
- have experience within the Financial Services industry gained either in-house or in private practice.
- have a good knowledge of pensions law and related legislation and technical requirements relating to pensions.
- have a good technical knowledge of post-A day pensions regime with particular reference to HMRC, DWP and Regulator guidelines and practice and to the different types of pension product that are generally available in the market.
- have a good knowledge of other products areas in particular, ISAs and protection products.
- have a good knowledge of how investment funds work.
What's on Offer
A competitive base salary, along with company pension, bonus potential and life assurance. Aegon also provides, at their Head Office, on-site canteen (including Costa & Subway), car parking and gym facilities.