Personal Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager
Heavy emphasis on Tax Planning, joining as an instrumental part of the Tax team.
Scope for Partner on offer in an advisory lead senior tax role.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit a Personal Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their Tax team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. This is predominantly an advisory-lead role, which will see the right Tax candidate focusing on Tax Planning i.e. Inheritance Tax, R&D, Capital Allowance. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the firm is looking for an individual who is ambitious and has aspirations of becoming an Equity Partner. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Personal Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- You will be given the opportunity to work on a very broad client portfolio with lots of client exposure;
- You will manage a wide range of tax planning projects, on a wide range of tax issues relevant to HNWIs; Non-Doms tax planning advice; Capital Gains tax planning (for a range of issues such as on the Main Residence; Investment Properties, and Development Land tax planning); Trust tax compliance and planning opportunities; IHT; Estate Planning; and SDLT compliance - identifying when particular reliefs might be relevant to a transaction.
- You will look to develop working relationships with your clients and colleagues across the firm, with significant client contact and responsibility;
- Expanding work from an existing client base and involvement in business development activities where appropriate; and
- Providing technical support and development of the tax team and development of tax specialisms.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Personal Tax Manager/Senior Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- ATT and/or CTA qualified, or ACA qualified, with a strong background in personal tax, ideally with advisory and planning experience to compliment your compliance background;
- You will have experience of dealing with HNWIs, both UK based and Non-Domiciled, Trusts etc.;
- You will be searching for a career move, where you can progress your tax advisory career and carve a key role within a leading, chartered accountancy firm;
- Personable and able to interact well with a range of clients;
- Dynamic and enthusiastic about growing the department; and
- A broad range of technical knowledge.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary (dependent on experience);
- Great Benefits;
- Progressive role (scope for partner); and
- Leadership and Strategy responsibilities.