Top 10 developer growing new West Midalnds region.
Dynamic and mobile working to promote Work / life balance agenda
About Our Client
Established National Housebuilder who focus more on the delivery of homes for first and second time buyers. They work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders to ensure a scheme's potential is fully maximised for their customers and all end users.
Joining as Planner, you will report straight into the Director and be the primary point of contact for the region's planning matters. Key responsibilities including:
- Work closely with the Region's Land, Technical and Sales teams in order to secure residential planning consent.
- Monitor planning approvals and work with the technical and construction departments to secure planning condition discharges.
- Where necessary and appropriate, look to revise approved development schemes to enhance value.
- Develop strong working relationships with Local Authorities and those groups with a key stake holder interest in our development proposals.
- Keep fully up to date with relevant regulatory and legislative changes and communicate throughout the business.
- Develop strong and trusting working relationships with Consultants.
- Exhibit a robust commercial awareness of the impact of planning decisions and seek to maximise financial benefit.
- Control costs and fee expenditure in line with agreed budgets.
- Monitor and manage S106 and CIL payments.
- Seek to reduce Health and Safety Risk through careful scheme design.
- Be prepared to engage in fund raising opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role as Planner, you will have demonstrable experience of working on volume residential schemes, ideally in-house. You will also:
- Have sound knowledge of the planning systems/process, policy and legislation.
- MRTPI preferable but Architectural background works well also.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Good team working ability to agree scheme proposals with internal departments directors and external bodies.
- Self-motivated, able to manage the process and report to head of department on progress, risks and opportunities.
What's on Offer
A competitive starting salary with generous remunerative package and benefits including a car/car allowance, private healthcare and annual bonus + more.
Hands-off management style giving the autonomy to carry out your role to the best of your ability, including opportunity to work from home/remotely as required.
Be part of a business that truly cares for and recognises the value of all employees, supporting through the tough times as well as the good.