Planning and Purchasing Co-ordinator
Opportunity to work for an award winning business in the Manufacturing sector
Chance to join a fast growing SME with excellent long term prospects
About Our Client
They are an award winning, family owned manufacturing company that have an world-class production facility within the Hertfordshire area. They are focused on providing innovative, quality solutions to their customers for a wide range of packaging requirements. They have long-term success in the Production and Manufacturing industry and are looking for someone to contribute to their growth strategy moving forward.
They are constantly investing in new technologies which aid the development of their processes and pioneer new standards, keeping them in a leading position within the industry.
The Planning and Purchasing Co-ordinator will be responsible for ensuring the business's Supply Chain is running smoothly. They will plan and manage the flow of orders, inventory and liaise with multiple internal stakeholders. They will also be expected to build and maintain supplier relationships. They will also be responsible for the Purchasing department, and will need to have both a Purchasing and Planning background.
- Help to effectively plan and manage the flow of customer orders through the business
- Satisfy all stakeholder requirements to ensure we achieve 100% OTIF delivery to our customers
- Raise weekly production purchase orders
- Raise material purchase orders on an ad-hoc basis responding to short term material requirements
- Attend and contribute to daily production meetings
- Long term scheduling - plan and prepare production schedules with the Planning & Purchasing Manager
- Manage a small group of suppliers and maintain effective working relationships in conjunction with the Planning & Purchasing Manager
- Liaise with Goods-In to resolve any delivery/stock queries
The Successful Applicant
The Planning and Purchasing Co-ordinator will be an experienced Supply Chain expert that has prior experience within both Planning and Purchasing within the Manufacturing and Production industry. They will be someone that is highly driven and looking for the opportunity to grow within a thriving and passionate team. They will need to be in commutable distance of Hertfordshire.
- Educated to degree or HND level, or equivalent experience ideally in the print/packaging industry or a very similar manufacturing environment
- Planning experience in FMCG company is essential
- Highly proficient with planning for complex manufacturing lines, with experience of MIS
- An effective communicator at all levels, both written and verbal (English language essential)
- Effective problem solving skills is essential
- Deliver excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Pro-active and enthusiastic approach, with commitment and dedication to the role
- An effective team player and able to work independently
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary and Package (DOE)
- Opportunity to work with an award winning manufacture
- Change to work within a rapidly growing SME busines
- Career Development Opportunities
- Hertfordshire Location