Top 10 developer recognised for awardwinning sustainable developments
Investors in its peoples and communities.
About Our Client
Private developer operating nationally in a regional model. They have a large variety of housetypes that suit a range of sites, from inner city developments to suburban enclaves, all united with striving to create vibrant and sustainable communities of the future.
They have an excellent reputation for looking after staff, and are keen investors in developing talent to fulfil the ambitions of the individual, team and business.
As Planning Manager, you will be the primary point of contact for all planning matters for your sites. You will work closely with the Land, Technical and Design departments and to advise on site viability, with a view to maximise profits and ensure all legislation, regulations and various Section obligations are met. Tasks will include:
- Draw up and agree (with the Design and Technical teams) a programme of action to clear necessary consents, conditions and/or matters for full consent.
- Supporting the Design & Technical teams to fulfil their obligations.
- Monitoring the individual programme and co-ordinating and managing the necessary actions in conjunction with the design and technical teams and (where necessary) the town planning team.
- Liaising with the local authorities and external agencies to maintain programme timescales.
- Discharging reserved matters to achieve full planning from outline.
- Discharging all necessary 'pre start' Section 106 obligations or requirements.
- Preparing a monthly progress report of all relevant schemes and highlighting progress or slippage against original estimates.
The Successful Applicant
They have a close knit working team and they are looking for someone who enjoys working as part of a team but is equally satisfied independently, without the need for constant support. Ideally, I'm looking for a Planning Manager with the following experience and skillset:
- Extensive experience of the planning promotion and application processes
- Understanding of development appraisals and cash flows preferable for new appointments, training will be provided
- Proven management experience of people and processes, both internally and externally.
- Experience of working on major long term residential led projects including experience of negotiation
- Organised and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of private housing and the affordable housing funding regime
- Good network of contacts with agents, landowners and consultants
- Experience of working on green belt projects advantageous but not required
- Relevant qualification ideally but must be educated to at least degree standard
What's on Offer
Competitive starting salary with excellent benefits, which will naturally grow as you progress within the business and as the region continues the momentum it has already gained. You will be right on the front-line on new build residential and have a excellent opportunity to directly shape the neighbourhoods and towns we will inhabit for the future.