National Residential developer
Team leader position
About Our Client
Residential developer focused on retirement living, operating a regional model across the UK. Offering a range of products to suit a wide range of tastes in the market, they have achieved NHBC 5* status yet again for 2020.
You will be the primary point of contact for all planning matters in the new region. You will work closely with the Land, Technical and Design departments and to advise on site viability, with a view to maximise profits and ensure all legislation, regulations and various Section obligations are met. Tasks will include:
- Draw up and agree (with the Design and Technical teams) a programme of action to clear necessary consents, conditions and/or matters for full consent.
- Supporting the Design & Technical teams to fulfil their obligations.
- Monitoring the individual programme and co-ordinating and managing the necessary actions in conjunction with the design and technical teams and (where necessary) the town planning team.
- Liaising with the local authorities and external agencies to maintain programme timescales
- Discharging all necessary 'pre start' Section 106 obligations or requirements.
- Preparing a monthly progress report of all relevant schemes and highlighting progress or slippage against original estimates.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful for this position:
- Extensive experience of the planning promotion and application processes
- You must be RTPI accredited and ideally have new build residential experience.
- You will have had experience working on a vairety of schemes in various locations, and have an appreciation for various regional nuances.
- Excellent communication skills, to manage teams internally and externally
- Have had direct experience at committee meetings
- Are well equipped at negotiating favourable planning conditions
- Understanding of development appraisals and cash flows preferable for new appointments
- Organised and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of private housing and the affordable housing funding regime
- Good network of contacts with agents, landowners and consultants
What's on Offer
Joining as Planning Manager, you will be joining as the principle point of contact for all planning matters across the Midlands region. You will in turn receive a competitive starting salary with attractive benefits including car/car allowance, pension contributions and bonuses.