Exciting opportunity within a Global Manufacturing Company
Influential Site Finance role
About Our Client
Schaeffler (UK) Ltd is part of The Schaeffler Group which is a global automotive and industrial supplier with 170 locations in 50 countries worldwide with a turnover over EUR 13 billion. Top quality, outstanding technology, and exceptionally innovative spirit form the basis for the continued success of the company.
The manufacturing site, based in Llanelli, has a site turnover of around £30m with 230 employees and is a very successful business supplying precision engineering products to large global automotive brands.
The position of the Plant Controller is a key Finance Business Partnering role, providing key Management Accounting, and Performance Reporting services to senior stakeholders within the UK and Group.
- To be the Controlling Lead for the manufacturing site based in South Wales. This will provide technical expertise and advice on financial issues to functional or operations managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts, consisting of the full planning and reporting process for the location including plant cost reports, management reports, and investment planning.
- Responsible for supporting and reporting on projects to improve working capital (stocks, debtors, creditors, etc).
- Preparing weekly and monthly Profitability and Performance Reports to use in conjunction with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsibility for monitoring and reporting purchase price controlling, investment tracking, and other production related KPI's.
- Provide Corporate Governance and support by ensuring Internal Controls and Risk Management tasks are correctly documented.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a part/fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ICAEW, ACCA) or QBE, with at least 2 years' experience within industry. Applications from candidates with some relevant experience looking for their first move out of Practice into industry will also be considered.
- Key areas of expertise will include abilities in management accounting, cost reporting, working capital management, budgeting and forecasting. The candidate will also require a good knowledge of financial accounting as they will work closely with the Accounting, Treasury and Tax team on site.
- Previous experience of using costing and reporting processes and systems.
- High level of analytical skills, possessing good levels of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of working with IT and financial systems such as SAP.
- You will be a good communicator, possessing the ability to provide key financial information and results to both Finance and Non-Finance stakeholders within the organisation.
- Be a strong team player, capable of working on own initiative while contributing to the success of the overall business.To work with integrity and ethically.
- Possessing excellent spoken and written skills.
- Problem solving and decision making abilities and general management skills.
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 Package + Company Benefits.