* A leader who can drive world class manufacturing techniques
*A passion to achieve high quality and strong productivity performance
About Our Client
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are currently recruiting an excellent opportunity for a Plant Manager within a globally renowned and industry leading manufacturer and supplier of building products. This is a business critical position and we are looking to source the best candidate in the market.
Part of a globally renowned group with a presence in over 40 countries and over 10,000 employees, my client has a reputation as a market leader and innovator across its extensive building products range. With nearly 100 years of manufacturing experience, they remain determined to stay ahead of the competition by continually exceeding the expectations of a demanding customer base.
The Plant Manager will be fully responsible and oversee all Operations for their site in Leicestershire, with a clear goal of driving improvement in operational efficiency's, wider cost reduction and bringing together a high level of delivery with the Customer at the heart of what they do
The role will report directly into the UK Operations Director and be fully accountable for delivering and developing people and processes on site with 4 direct reports covering all of Production, Warehouse, QHSE and Engineering
This is an exceptional opportunity and the successful applicant will be able to achieve the following:
- Ensure a systematic approach to control of all operational management activities.
- Increase manufacturing, delivery quality and performance.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Ensure production is equipped to deliver results with clear supporting data.
- Clear strategy on achieving capacity levels.
- Drive down direct and indirect costs to make a substantial improvement on profitability.
- Work with the management team to implement effective employee relations and employee engagement.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following background:
- Degree educated in an engineering related discipline (or equivalent qualification/experience)
- Proven ability to run a profitable cost centre
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt (certified) would be advantageous
- Proven track record on lean initiatives and change culture
- 5 year's minimum experience in an Operational leadership role in a high volume or industrial industry
- Confident when dealing with Customers and Suppliers
- Proven track record in a safety first culture
- Exceptional Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business knowledge and ability to interface with manufacturing organisation
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a market competitive salary and package as well as the ability to grow within the organisation.