An innovative business who are growing rapidly
A great opportunuity to join a global, market leading business.
About Our Client
A global market leading manufacturing business in Kent.
- Actively analyse Key Performance Indicators for the manufacturing facility and adjust/implement lean manufacturing and quality processes and systems leveraging Toolbox - 80/20, PLS, In-Lining, MRD and other related world class manufacturing improvement techniques/framework to produce optimum operational excellence and P&L improvement.
- Through effective planning, maximise deployment of existing capital and manufacturing resource to service the needs of "80" customers at optimum cost level. Analyses existing manufacturing footprint and build investment strategy around core market segments.
- Lead, direct and manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of entire facility.
- Coordinate and lead work in warehouse (maintain inventory, measure performance, monitor shipments)
- Depending on the scope, complexity and size of the business, the Plant Manager may be required to act as Site Leader or convener for all non-operational functions on site, which may include corporate and regional functions for engineering and Human Resources that may reside on site.
- Initiate and drive cross functional communication with other local leaders to create robust operational alignment.
- Implement strategic initiatives driven by the Division, aligning team-based processes to drive operational performance and continuous improvement, fully utilise skills of all employees in contributing to strategic goals.
- Ensures utilisation of human resource talent within its organisation structure and champions the Leadership Development framework, developing talent within the business to increase pipeline depth. Identifying key leaders for future roles. Create and maintain training matrix to standardise talent development:
- Analyse and manage the facility's financial performance, implementing policies and procedures that support and drive annual plan and LRP (long range plan).
- Create a "quality first" environment. Proactively direct the resolution of operational, quality and maintenance issues to ensure effective management of cost and prevention of operational delays. Become ISO leader for the site to ensure standards are maintained.
- Must be able to foster, communicate and exemplify the values; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk. Works effectively in a matrix environment and employs an first mindset when needed.
- Actively analyse productivity and capacity utilisation, including outside processing. Maintain relationship and share best practice with Asian production partners.
- Maximise the conditions for safety within the manufacturing operations and become H&S committee key advisor accountable for the site.
- Drives positive change and challenges status quo on a regular basis.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with emphasis on business courses, or equivalent management knowledge
- Good command of English, both written and oral for effective communication with other units and business leaders.
- Strong background in production management; front-line leadership
- Practical hands on knowledge leading production, quality, supply chain and/or manufacturing engineering.
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and project management skills.
- Strong business analytical skills, solid financial abilities including working knowledge of budgeting.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing operational plans to improve efficiency.
- Ability to manage complexity and change and communication clarity of message.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough business and leadership decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff to create a result driven, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to lead through influence vs. direct managerial control.
What's on Offer
£50,000 - 55,000 + benefits