Plant Manager to lead operations in East Sussex.
Join a fast paced medium volume / high mix design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading design and manufacturing business in East Sussex.
The Plant Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Manufacturing product for the EMEA markets.
- Maintaining and managing relationships with the Sales countries and other departments.
- Management and development of 3rd party manufacturing.
- Controlling and reducing product cost.
- Improvement of customer delivery performance and communication.
- Inventory and working capital management.
- Capex requirements and definition.
- Using Lean Six Sigma techniques in a manufacturing environment to promote change.
- P&L responsibility and cost centre control.
- To comply with the requirements of company Health and Safety.
- Develop further measurable KPIs issued weekly to continually improve site performance.
- Develop an improvement strategy to deliver strong profitable growth and continuous customer service.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping standards.
The Successful Applicant
- Operations Manager or Plant Manager in a similar design and manufacturing environment with knowledge of supply management, planning and production.
- Strong leadership, with a passion to achieve targets effectively combining robust planning and process improvement tools.
- Analytical, adaptable and dedicated with a focus on engaging team spirit amongst the management team.
- Strong quality practitioner - knowledge of Quality tools and problem solving techniques.
- Good Project management skill.
- Good knowledge of materials and stock management.
- HNC or Degree level qualification.
- Knowledge of lighting and wholesale industry an advantage.
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £75,000 + Benefits