- Growing Manufacturing Company
- Senior Management Role
About Our Client
Our client is a growing manufacturing company based in Wigan.
The Plant Manager is fully responsible for all manufacturing on site, and for implementing group national standards and systems. You'll be responsible for a multi shift operating site with a team of circa 60 and direct reports of 7.
This is an exceptional opportunity and the successful applicant will be able to achieve and carry out the following:
● Ensure a systematic approach to control of all operational management activities.
● Increase manufacturing, delivery quality and performance.
● Drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
● Ensure production is equipped to deliver results with clear supporting data.
● Clear strategy on achieving capacity levels.
● Drive down direct and indirect costs to make a substantial improvement on profitability.
● Work with the management team to implement effective employee relations and employee engagement.● Motivate and coach manufacturing team
● Focus on product quality and line efficiency improvement
● Agree and regularly review individual objectives with Manufacturing Team
● Ensure objectives/appraisal process is successfully functioning throughout the factory
● Ensure training and development needs are defined and acted upon
● Working closely with Operations Manager and HR, take lead involvement in all recruitment and disciplinary issues.
● Regularly review KPI's (including downtime analysis), and in conjunction with maintenance, line and technical teams work to improve quality, efficiency and costs.
● Manage raw material stocks.
● Work with Country Engineering team
The Successful Applicant
● Degree educated in an engineering related discipline (or equivalent qualification/experience).
● Proven ability to run a profitable cost centre
● Six Sigma Green/Black Belt (certified) would be advantageous but not essential.
● Proven track record on lean initiatives and change culture
● Proven experience in an Operational leadership role in a high volume manufacturing or industrial industry
● Confident when dealing with Customers and Suppliers
● Proven track record in a safety first culture
● Exceptional Communication and interpersonal skills
● Strong business knowledge and ability to interface with manufacturing organisation
● Excellent people management skills with experience managing a team
● Demonstrates an inclusive problem solving style
● Previous manufacturing background is essential, but we will consider any sector within this
● Budget ownership and cost control
● Understanding of line efficiency measures
● ISO9001:2000 understanding
● Health & Safety understanding
● Self-starter able to prioritise work for self and team
● Computer literate and comfortable using bespoke IT software.
What's on Offer
£70,000 to £80,000 plus car allowance, excellent bonus and benefits package