- Lead the full operations of a facility
- Be part of a business who is stable and growing
About Our Client
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are currently recruiting an excellent opportunity for a Plant Manager within a globally renowned and industry leading manufacturer and supplier of building products, BMI. This is a business-critical position and we are looking to source the best candidates in the market to become the Plant Manager at their facility in Wigan.
BMI draws on the expertise and experience gathered from nearly 100 years as an industry leader. BMI (Redland) is part of BMI Group, a combination of Braas Monier and Icopal, and the largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing and waterproofing solutions throughout Europe. With a UK manufacturing heritage in roofing going back to 1919, BMI produces a comprehensive range of concrete and clay tiles, in both plain and profile formats, along with reconstituted slate tiles and an extensive collection of fittings, components and ancillaries. This group has a presence in over 40 countries and over 10,000 employees.
The Plant Manager will be fully responsible and oversee all Operations for their site in Wigan, with a clear goal of driving improvement in operational efficiency's, wider cost reduction and bringing together a high level of delivery with the Customer at the heart of what they do
The role will report directly into the UK Operations Director and be fully accountable for delivering and developing people and processes on site with 7 direct reports covering all of Production, Warehouse, QHSE and Engineering
This is an exceptional opportunity and the successful applicant will be able to achieve the following:
- Ensure a systematic approach to control of all operational management activities.
- Increase manufacturing, delivery quality and performance.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Ensure production is equipped to deliver results with clear supporting data.
- Clear strategy on achieving capacity levels.
- Drive down direct and indirect costs to make a substantial improvement on profitability.
- Work with the management team to implement effective employee relations and employee engagement.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following background:
- Degree educated in an engineering related discipline (or equivalent qualification/experience).
- Proven ability to run a profitable cost centre
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt (certified) would be advantageous
- Proven track record on lean initiatives and change culture
- 5 years' minimum experience in an Operational leadership role in a high volume or industrial industry
- Confident when dealing with Customers and Suppliers
- Proven track record in a safety first culture
- Exceptional Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business knowledge and ability to interface with manufacturing organisation
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a market competitive salary and package as well as the ability to make a difference!