Plant Production Manager
Growing Manufacturing/Processing Business
Long Term Development Opportunities
About Our Client
This business is growing significantly and as a result is looking to invest in new equipment and resources. This Plant Production Manager position is crucial in driving the business forward, implementing lean tools and techniques in order to drive best practice manufacturing principles.
As the Plant Production Manager, you will be planning, directing and controlling the production teams across multiple shifts to ensure health and safety, environmental, quality, volumes, productivity and cost objectives are met.
- Accountable for time, cost and volume quality performances.
- Accountable for and delivering time, cost, productivity and quality improvements.
- Build a strong team focused on quality and efficiency in everything they do, in a safe and clean working environment by using methodologies and tools e.g. 5S, KAIZEN or other Continuous Improvement Tools and techniques.
- Create and manage a CI program within the department with the aim of continuously finding better and more productive ways of working.
- Coach and develop your team using CI Tools to deliver a CI Culture.
- Take responsibility to ensure all activities and staff within the department comply with site health, safety and environmental policies and regulations.
- Work closely with the HSE department to help deliver a world class HSE culture, ensuring all activities comply with relevant environmental regulations, permits and licences associated with the site.
- Work closely with the engineering team and help maintain an effective planned preventative maintenance (PPM) for the department.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be a Production/Operations Manager with manufacturing experience and the following:
- Level 5 ILM level education (or equivalent, could be through apprenticeship or similar pathway)
- Proven capability implementing lean manufacturing/continuous improvement processes (e.g. Kaizen, Six Sigma, 5S)
- IOSH Trained
- Proven capability of implementing process step changes and introducing effective KPI management
What's on Offer
Circa £45,000 - £50,000 + Package