Policy and Government Relations Advisor
About Our Client
Sector Skills Council
To effectively engage government in order to:
- Gather input into our client's evidence base and inform strategy and policy development
- Deliver our client's influencing objectives by influencing government policy to change to deliver our client's objectives for the Construction Industry
- Support our client's reach and impact by helping to position our client's with government as the go-to body for insight and expertise on construction skills.
- Work with colleagues to design and implement engagement plans on assigned policy areas with key political and policy stakeholders
- Raise awareness of our client with key influencers, creating ambassadors for the organisation amongst political and policy-making stakeholders.
- Represent our client externally including at round-tables, policy conferences and industry events.
- Deliver a robust Policy and Government Relations monitoring service of key political and policy developments
The Successful Applicant
- A good understanding of the political system
- Experience on managing, implementing and evaluating proactive political engagement campaigns, including policy development
- Experience of working with MP's, Ministers, and civil servants
- Experience of adhering to processes and procedures, in line with business excellence
- Working with senior leaders and managers to provide measured advice
- Event management experience
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Knowledge of the construction industry and built environment.
- Knowledge of policy issues related to skills, training and employment.
What's on Offer
£35,731 - £43k