Policy Anyslt/Senior Policy Analyst
Policy Anyslt/Senior Policy Analyst with the BAnk of England
Policy ana;ysis, regualtion, financial services, payments policy
About Our Client
Bank of England
I am currently recruiting several Policy Analysts/Senior Policy Analysts with the Bank of England
- Working closely with industry to design the next generation of payments message for use in both CHAPS and the other main UK payment systems. This work will drive changes across the end-to-end payments chain and deliver a wide range of benefits for all of UK society.
- Leading on RTGS and CHAPS strategic policy issues. Examples include:
- Participating in a new structured horizon scanning process to identify and analyse key developments and changes in the payments landscape, determine their potential impact on RTGS/CHAPS strategy and define an appropriate
- Leading on operational policy issues to ensure that the CHAPS scheme and existing RTGS systems continue to operate efficiency and effectively in a fast-changing world.
- Helping to design the new RTGS service by:
- Understanding detailed user requirements for the new system (including across new technologies including API design, and understanding the requirements of Fintechs);
- Identifying the scope of new functionality (including liquidity saving mechanisms, transaction monitoring and data analytics);
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidates are likely to have been educated to degree level or equivalent and undertaken analytical work in a public policy or financial services environment. Prior knowledge of banking and/or payments would be desirable but is not essential.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Some experience of working on policy issues - for example, formulating policies to address specific issues or situations (though this does not need to be in a directly-related subject field).
- Good research and analysis skills - the job involves getting up to speed on a topic, identifying and analysing the implications for the Bank of England and then putting forward recommendations. This includes the ability to think through complex problems and synthesise and critically judge the quality of information provided from a diverse range of sources.
- Good problem solving skills - the team is often asked to resolve operational business issues and needs to be able to 'bridge into the operations', providing sound policy answers or advice for operational or customer-facing issues.
- Good judgement and being able to sense when the obvious answer is the wrong one and further investigation and analysis is required.
- Attention to detail given the sums of money and risks involved.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, junior and senior.
- Communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex information to both seniors and wider audiences by drawing out key messages and using non-technical language.
What's on Offer
£35,000 - £57,000 PA DOE plus excellent benefits