About Our Client
- Work with colleagues on UK-wide policy projects including commissioning research or surveys, developing evidence-based policy positions in priority areas, and producing reports.
- Respond to key consultations.
- Line manage the two Policy Officers.
- Support policy activity in Scotland
- Contribute policy input to the team's business planning activities, including the development of UK-wide political campaigns and influencing plans.
- Build and maintain external relationships, meeting stakeholders in line with policy priorities.
- Represent the charity on external policy groups.
- Support internal and external communication of policy work by proactively contributing content
- Provide policy input and advice to other parts of the charity, including participation in cross organisational events and working groups.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of influencing policy
- Understanding of current policy issues relevant to people with long-term conditions or disability, including healthcare policy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail, consistently produces accurate work
- Strong experience of building and developing productive relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of influencing activity in one or more UK Parliaments
What's on Offer
Salary: 42,890pa (London), £39,820pa (Rest of UK)