Portfolio Analyst - Student Accommodation
Global Real Estate Portfolio Management Exposure
Work For a Major Player in the PBSA Sector
About Our Client
My client is a global Investor who focus's on the student accommodation sector. They have aspirations to become the largest PBSA provider globally. You will work as a portfolio analyst in the REIM business based out of London reporting into the global head of Analysts.
- Investor Reporting
- Support on financial modelling, research and co-ordination of investor reports
- Liaise with key members of the business to validate modelling assumptions
- Support the portfolio individuals including broader and local portfolio teams with the risk analysis and associated portfolio sensitivities
- Produce financial analysis on investor returns
- Collate and report committed and actual spend against approved acquisition budgets
- Portfolio Management
- Model business plans and provide detailed and extensive cash flow modelling
- Assist in the preparation of external valuations by liaising with key stakeholders.
- Support maintaining fund models for performance and forecast reporting including fluctuations in shareholder subscriptions, redemptions and distributions and movements in investment allocations and performance
- Perform frequent portfolio updates, collating data from local teams to establish inflows and outflows in portfolios, manage cash across portfolios and ensure compliance with investment guidelines
- Measure performance and understand net asset value calculations.
- Provide fund and client reporting to internal and external clients, ensuring its accuracy and timely delivery
- Co-ordinate with performance and marketing teams in production of materials for client presentations and investor queries
- Gather, collate and report on industry and portfolio research
- Assist portfolio and fund managers with weekly, monthly and quarterly commentaries. Good overview of financial markets and macroeconomic trends is required.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (2:1 and above) in a related business or analytical subject
- Passion - Shows interest in, anticipates, and responds timely to external and internal stakeholder needs.
- 2-4 years' experience with a demonstrable track record of analytical and modelling work within real estate investment internationally;
- Proven exposure and ability to support the structure of high value deals and execute effectively
- Excellent financial modelling, analysis and research skills
- High-level analytical, planning, organising and problem-solving skills;
- Substantial level of skill in liaising with a range of stakeholders, using influencing, interpersonal, consultation and relationship building skills;
- Ability to commercially evaluate financial data, and present conclusions to inform business decisions;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare documentation for stakeholders' groups at varying levels;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Word Experience of working with high levels of self-sufficiency, in a matrix global organisation with diverse workforces.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base and Bonus & Benefits Package