Working for a leading global retail financial services firm based in Cyprus
This role will be leading on the global PR and media strategy and execution
About Our Client
The business are a fast growing, international retail financial services company who are expanding their portfolio of service offerings within the industry.
They are looking to hire an experienced PR Manager into their team in Cyprus. This role will report to the CMO and will be responsible for delivering a robust PR strategy for the business. Experience within financial services would be beneficial for this role.
Key responsibilities for the PR Manager:
- Create, implement and manage a proactive PR strategy to include multiple stakeholders, media relations, crisis management, strategic planning and content delivery.
- Pitch/write/edit/commission/oversee a wide range of content for publication in relevant media (national, regional, international, trade and mainstream press), from macroeconomics and technical commentary to opinion pieces, speeches, independent research, and interview talking points for management.
- Responsible for all media relations globally as well as regionally. This requires the need to coordinate content translation in multiple languages (as well as to ensure it is proof-read correctly in those languages), to ensure content is tailored according to the needs and interests of different markets and language opportunities, to liaise with regional media editors, and to keep regional analysts and teams informed of media opportunities in their markets.
- Advise senior management and Department Heads on reputational issues and develop plans to raise our leadership profile, as well as to increase the quality and reach of our coverage via our analysts located in several markets.
- Work closely with Marketing and senior management to ensure the latest news, announcements and developments are done professionally and promptly, tailored according to each communications channel.
- Be committed to integrity in everything and to ensure that best practice approaches are applied to third-party providers and communications in general. This includes the need to review and manage all PR and social media communications channels, monitoring and distribution tools.
- End-to-end management of pitching for reputable award opportunities; likewise, for speaking opportunities at major conferences on behalf of senior management.
- Produce regular reports for the CMO, senior management and our Internal Communications Manager that highlight PR's success in building the company's profile and reputation.
- Ensure all content is measurable and be able to evaluate it using the appropriate tools and analytics.
- Ensure all content is compliant and meets the relevant regulatory requirements for each jurisdiction and company entity.
- Review and manage a PR budget, itemising all costs for tools, apps and other resources/services.
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place for crisis communications and to relay urgent news.
The Successful Applicant
Skills required for this role:
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
- Minimum of three years' full-time PR experience in FS.
- Impressive professional writing and editing skills (writing examples are required, and a test will be given to shortlisted candidates).
- Track record in creating, managing, delivering and monitoring effective PR strategies, campaigns and media relations based on insight and evidence-based research.
- Strategic thinker and content planner, adept in managing deadlines and producing measurable outcomes.
- Proven ability to work well with senior management to understand the company's business developments and priorities, how best to build PR around them, and to advise the management on reputational issues.
- Able to develop rapport, trust and great working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google applications, as well as PR channels and tools.
- Experience of working in fast-growing, multinational environments and adept in managing organisational change.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary on offer to the successful candidate. If candidates do not live in Cyprus, a relocation package will be provided to all EU citizens.