£18 - £18 per hour
2 month Interim project
About Our Client
- Identify opportunities and set clearly agreed targets and objectives with the PR Manager.
- Identify and source consultancies to help deliver these programmes where appropriate, managing them to ensure that communications objectives are delivered and monitoring costs and performance against agreed targets.
- Identify key opportunities, gaining buy in and support for initiatives and acting as a representative of the Legion. Anticipate risks and challenges, adopting a proactive approach to problem-solving and mitigation.
- Responsible for co-ordination with Regional PRO staff in ensuring that the Communications activity in the Legion's Field and County offices is consistent with overall strategic Communications objectives.
- Offer support to Legion members and staff regarding PR policies, practices, procedures, programs and actions.
- Provide a critical supporting role to the PR Manager; assisting in the preparation, delivery and reporting of key performance indicators against the Corporate Communications' five and ten-year strategic plan and the annual operating plan.
- Research, develop and co-ordinate media campaigns on behalf of the organisation. Write and edit press releases; articles for in-house and external publications, creating speeches and items for the organisation's website and intranet. Answer enquiries from individuals, journalists and other organisations and speaking in public at presentations, press conferences or in media interviews.
- Maintain a solid and growing network of stakeholder relationships among influencers, decision-makers, partner organisations and media assets; presenting a positive, professional and contemporary face of the organisation.
- Provide professional, ethical and careful logistical and media management of beneficiaries used as media case studies to demonstrate the work of the organisation and to promote its fundraising efforts.
- Provide event management assistance in support of public relations, fundraising, membership, campaigning and welfare objectives; including guest and volunteer logistics and support, supplier management, securing of venue and programme/scheduling.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with the media, including national newspapers, magazines, radio and television.
- Provide support to PR initiatives involving social media such as Facebook, Twitter and relevant bloggers, incorporating new media platforms in the development, execution, monitoring and evaluation of all PR campaigns where warranted and generating social media and digital content as required.
The Successful Applicant
Proactive and hands on attitude
PR professional with both broad mix experience
Travel is required as part of this role across the Midlands - public transport can be used
What's on Offer