Practice Accountant required to join a Cardiff based accountancy practice.
Client contact, progression, and development on offer, in a hands on role.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit an ambitious Practice Accountant to join as a pivotal hire into their growing Accounts team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Accounts professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Practice Accountant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Manage a client portfolio including limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals;
- Oversee and manage all aspects of client's service delivery including preparation of year-end accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, VAT etc and value-added services assignments;
- * Liaising with clients on accounts and tax issues as required;
- Act as the main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them;
- Review work completed by junior team members and resolving all issues prior to Partner review;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines;
- Reporting directly to a Partner;
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high-quality client service;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis; and
- Knowledgeable of the firm's services and able to cross-sell those services into the client base.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Practice Accountant role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- ACCA/ACA qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years of post-qualification experience;
- Have proven experience of working in a practice environment;
- Experience in managing a client portfolio;
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions;
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team;
- The ability to take responsibility and use your own initiative to resolve problems and issues;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Strong organisation and planning skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to positively embrace changes and new challenges;
- Experience of using cloud-based accounting software packages, such as Sage, Xero, Receipt Bank, Auto Entry etc;
- Experience of CCH products desirable but not essential; and
- Hold a full and clean driving licence.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary (dependent on experience);
Pension - a wide range of benefits;
Superb career opportunities supported with personal and technical development and growth; and
An opportunity of partner with an equity stake in the business.