12 month FTC
Home based to begin with, Edinburgh city centre location.
About Our Client
Market leading client based in the centre of Edinburgh.
You'll primarily be responsible for the effective and efficient management of a portfolio of clients; ensuring that the service provided achieves the company and client expectations. You'll also be expected to assist and support the wider team in the office & nationally with training/ development as well as daily technical support along with all quality control within the team.
- The completion of year-end accounts
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties.
- Meet statutory deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts, Company and Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Taking on and managing new clients.
- Growing the business through referrals.
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice.
- Respond to client enquiries.
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues.
- Quality control and file reviews of colleagues.
- Manage a small team
The Successful Applicant
Skills & Experience:
- Experience within an accountancy practice
- Previously been responsible for managing a portfolio of clients
- Part-qualified accountant as a minimum (ACCA/ ATT) or equivalent commercial experience
- Knowledge of revenue guidelines
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with accuracy and an attention to detail
What's on Offer
Salary is DOE in experience.