Opertunity to work for one of the largest housing organisations in the UK.
The chance to develop in a company thst prides itself on it's employees ability.
About Our Client
One of the UK's largest housing associations that pride itself on developing and providing affordable homes for every type of citizen based in central London. With great values and a communal ethos of personal and professional development in the work place this company ensures that all employees are highly cared for so that they can perform to the best of their abilities.
The key responsibilities of the Press Officer:
1. Support the delivery of the external affairs strategy, working collaboratively with the Press and External Affairs Manager and other colleagues to enable the company to fulfil its corporate communication objectives
2. Provide reactive and crisis communications support, working with the Press and External Affairs manager to produce timely and appropriate responses under time pressures
3. Produce high quality media releases which effectively communicate the company's key corporate messages to their various stakeholder audiences and promote the company's brand and reputation.
4. Maintain a broad understanding of the housing sector and latest issues, and maintain appropriate relationships with key trade, local and national journalists in order to facilitate the effective promotion of the group.
5. Co-ordinate the administrative functions of the press office, including media monitoring, maintaining press logs and producing detailed media analysis for Executive Group and other senior leaders.
6. Support the delivery of high quality digital content, including social media
7. Act in a collaborative and supportive way at all times with other team members and internal people in a manner consistent with the company's values and professional conduct
8. Ensure health and safety, regulatory & budget governance and compliance for areas under the job holder's control
9. Manage risks associated with areas under the jobholder's control. This includes personal responsibility for the accuracy and quality of any corporate material or communications collateral produced
The Successful Applicant
A successful Press Officer will be able to undertake proactive and reactive marketing that helps build and promote the company's ethos and values.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential in making sure that you work is clear and understandable to the external.
Organisational skills are needed in order to have the press office running smoothly, able to deal with any sort of reactive press at any time.
Previous experience in a press role is essential.
What's on Offer
As well as company benefits you will be able to work for a company that puts importance on their work and workforce as they:
Care about the happiness and well being of our customers and employees
Approach everything with energy, drive, determination and enthusiasm
Draw strength from our differences and work collaboratively
Own problems and deliver effective, lasting solutions
Measure what they do by the difference we make
They are committed to supporting the group's environmental policy and social mission
26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, Benenden Healthcare, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.