- Top 6 / top 10 firm - London
- Semi senior private client tax
About Our Client
Their award winning Private Client Services team offers a carefully tailored range of service for high net worth individuals and trustees to help them manage their global tax and other issues proactively and seamlessly.
The team acts for a broad range of clients including families, business leaders, and members of private equity firms, entrepreneurs and entertainers among others.
This role will provide tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of UK and internationally based clients. The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to Director/Principals/Partners in both compliance and advisory client work.
A key part of the role will be to support and be involved in the continued growth of PCS advisory work and will require the individual to actively seek, and keep the Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance and advisory affairs of clients working with Managers/Directors/Principals/Partners
- Advise on a range of tax matters, succession planning and restructuring projects in the UK, as well as produce complex UK tax computations and returns
- Pro-actively manage your workload and ensuring communication with managers/directors/partners on a regular basis to service clients
- Meet and communicate in writing / orally with clients, intermediaries and HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/ Manager/ Partner informed of overruns
- Consider and highlight further opportunities to develop new work with existing and new clients
The Successful Applicant
- An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- Experience providing some tax advisory and compliance services to a variety of clients.
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target clients and their companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions
- Some experience of dealing with clients and third parties
- Educated to degree level, and studying for the CTA and/or ACA or equivalent
Behaviours & Attitude
- Are a trusted point of contact and support, often for less experienced colleagues
- Make independent decisions within limits of authority.
- Contribute to, or review processes and procedures.
- Resolve non routine issues by escalating to technical experts.
- Contribute to projects of limited scale or complexity.
What's on Offer