Private Client Tax Manager - Legal Business
Fantastic chance to joine a leadign law firm in Kent
Excellent exposure to CGT, Trusts & Estates
About Our Client
This firm is a multi-sited firm of lawyers with offices near Tunbridge Wells. They have a fantastic reputation and a wide array of clients in the local area. They are offering a competitive salary and excellent progression prospects are on offer.
- Advice on the tax principles for all the different types of trust, to include income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax
- Advice on tax implications of trust set up and termination, and implementing this
- In the case of relevant property trusts dealing with key tax events to include the IHT 10 year anniversary and exit charges.
- Maintenance of trust tax and accounts files for a portfolio of trust clients; preparation of annual trust accounts and tax returns, reporting to trustees, arranging tax payments
- Management and use of CCH tax programme for completion and submission of annual tax returns and R185's
- Use of HMRC's Trust Registration Service
- Compliance in relation to FATCA, CRS and LEI
- Advice on the tax implications of matters arising in the administration period to include, tax treatment of different types of income, CGT issues on sale or appointment out of assets, chargeable event gains re life assurance bonds.
- Assessment of method of reporting and settling the tax for the administration period, that is by informal settlement or self- assessment estate tax returns.
- Set up estate tax record via HMRC's TRS, completion and submission of annual tax returns, report to executors, arranging payment of tax due. For informal procedures, prepare tax schedule.
- Deal with accounting queries from lawyers in relation to the estate accounts which they prepare, and generally advising on accounting matters.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified tax professional - ACCA, ACA, ATT, CTA, similar qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent IT Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
What's on Offer
- £50,000- £60,000, dependent on experience
- Benefits Package