Private Client Tax Senior
Private Client Tax Senior to join a leading Cardiff accountancy firm.
Joining during a period of sustained growth with progression on offer.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit a Private Client Tax Senior to join as a pivotal hire into their Tax team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. With c.50 members of staff, the firm services a very wide-ranging client base across varying sectors throughout South Wales. These clients range in size from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the firm is looking for an individual who is ambitious and has aspirations of becoming an Equity Partner at the firm. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Private Client Tax Senior position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Responsible for a portfolio of clients which may include sole traders, partners, HNWIs, non-UK domiciliaries, partnerships, non-residents and trusts;
- You will be advising on wide-ranging tax planning project work across Trust, probate, share options, CGT, IHT, residence and domicile advisory work, non-dom planning and other project work;
- Ensuring administration of the portfolio is completed including all aspects of compliance, accounts, tax returns and tax computations;
- Ensuring all beneficial elections and claims are made; and
- You will carve a key position in the team, supporting Partners in a key role and progress in your private client tax career.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Private Client Tax Senior role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- An experienced personal tax professional, either CTA, ACCA/ACA/ATT qualified;
- You will have a background in accountancy practice, or specialist tax firm, with a background in compliance/planning and personal tax;
- Technical knowledge to include CGT, IHT, business tax aspects;
- You will be looking to join a leading firm where you will benefit from delivering complex high-quality work and progress in your tax career; and
- Proven experience in client handling; the ability to build client relationships/rapport is vital to this role.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary - dependent on experience and background, negotiable around the right person;
- Close-knit team, offering great support and mentoring;
- Life Assurance; and
- On-site parking