Problem Manager / VP
Coordinate the organisation's problem management processes
Generate and distribute reporting material
About Our Client
A leading multi-national banking organisation with a focus on equal opportunities and inclusivity.
- Managing the introduction of problems into the problem management life-cycle
- facilitating problem review meetings by providing structure, representing the problem management discipline, applying root cause analysis techniques and ensuring the required outputs are generated
- Maintaining problem management records, progressing open problem management reviews and their associated actions
- Generating and distributing problem reports
- Distributing tiered management information relative to the problem management process
- Chairing problem management review meetings
- Managing the close-out of problem management reviews
- Preparing incident and problem management related presentation material
- Submitting the details of IT incidents into the organisation's risk management systems
- Work with the senior management to enhance the organisation's incident and problem management process
- Developing collaborative relationships with business groups and other group within the IT division, locally and globally
- Flexible and able to work unsociable hours and weekends, and be contactable when away from the office
- Developing skills pertinent to the role
- Providing timely progress reporting to the head of the section and group
- Undertaking other reasonable tasks at the discretion of the head of the section and group
The Successful Applicant
- Expert problem management skills.
- Expert root-cause analysis skills leveraging standard RCA techniques.
- Strong understanding of and experience with service level agreements.
- Strong understanding of and experience with enterprise systems including desktops, servers, networks, telephony, databases and payment systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills applied to complex technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate information concisely and accurately in a manner that is appropriate to the audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, in particular service orientation, organisational awareness and people empathy.
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment.
What's on Offer
- The opportunity to gain real-world experience in managing problem management processes in an enterprise organisation
- Work for an equal opportunities employer
- Extensive benefits and competitive salary based upon level of experience