Process Control Engineer
Solvay is a global multi speciality chemical manufacturer
Stable career in a globally recognised business
About Our Client
Solvay serves diversified global end markets, including; automotive and aerospace, consumer goods, healthcare, energy and environment, electricity and electronics, construction and also industrial applications.
Solvay is headquartered in Brussels with about 27,000 employees spread across 58 countries. It generated pro forma net sales of € 10.9 bn in 2016, with 90% made from activities where it ranks among the world's top 3 players.
Their site in Oldbury employs close to 200 people and is in an exciting phase of realising its growth market potential. Part of Technology Solutions Global Business Unit, the Oldbury site is an upper tier COMAH site predominantly producing Phosphorus based chemicals.
The Process Control Specialist plays a key role in HSE, particularly process safety, providing technical assistance in the various safety and criticality studies carried out on the units. You will be accountable for:
The Process Control Specialist is responsible for:
- Maintenance of the hardware and network infrastructure of the process control systems to ensure no disruption to plant operations
- Maintenance & troubleshooting of the control software trips, interlocks and alarms in the control system in compliance with Solvay and UK HSE requirements
- Development of the control software to improve operability and/or productivity
- Installation and configuration of control systems associated with new projects
- Development of migration strategies for legacy control systems
- Training & coaching control engineers
- Training site staff in control system operation
Main accountabilities: to operate within and maintain all appropriate Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards in order to ensure that the products and services provided by the site comply with regulatory and company standards and customer expectations.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (engineering, control, IT, electronics)
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in chemical plant control
- Knowledge of DCS and PLC control systems & programming languages (ideally ABB 800xA/System6/Sattline)
- Knowledge of industry legislation and standards relating to control systems (IEC 61508/61511, EEMUA guidelines on alarm systems)
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered between £40,000 - £50,000 (dependant on experience) and a range of benefits .