Process Control Engineer
IFF named best place to work for LGBTQ equality, HRC CEI.
About Our Client
We are IFF. We are the catalyst for discoveries that spark the senses and transform the everyday. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. is a leading innovator of sensorial experiences that move the world. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking "what if?" That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as beloved foods and beverages.
- Write/update Control System recipes as required and support instrument Technician to troubleshoot issues related to process control computers and interfaces.
- Support Capital projects by defining requirements related to computer controlled equipment.
- Liaise with Corporate Engineering regarding Control System/Computer updates.
- Definition and development of process Control Narratives towards recognized Industry Standards. Control
- Narratives to be developed from plant FORTRAN programming language.
- As part of migration project act as technical interface between IFF and PCS7 software integrators, responsible in ensuring that the allocated project activities are executed within agreed schedule and budget
- Reading, Understand P&IDs, Control Narratives, Logic diagrams, etc.
- Responsible for aligning to specific standards and producing additional project documents as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in engineering: Chemical, Process, Automation, Electrical or Control Systems
- Working knowledge of process chemistry in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in chemical manufacturing industry, to include distillation theory and practice.
- Experience of Computer Control strategies including Siemens programming and hardware.
- Fully conversant with EH&S regulations ideally on COMAH Top Tier site.
- Experience of FORTRAN, C#, C++, Java or similar high-level computer programming languages.
- Experience with at least one of the following programming language standards (as per standard IEC 61131-3): Ladder diagram (LD), Function block diagram (FBD), Structured text (ST), Instruction list (IL), Sequential function chart (SFC).
What's on Offer
Annual incentive plan 10% basic salary
Group personal pension plan up to 10%
25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays