Process Development Manager
Opportunity to work for one of the country's leading food manufacturers
Career progression within a growing company
About Our Client
My client is a manufacturer of food to go products to grocery retailers, including chilled prepared meals, chilled soups and sauces, ambient sauces, cakes & desserts.
The key responsibilities of the Process Development Manager are:
- Link the NPDNPD Kitchen with the production line, by providing process, material and equipment knowledge.
- Work closely with your team to provide solutions to production issues, through production trials, improvement projects, production and launch.
- Work in partnership with customers and other departments to ensure the projects run to plan, seeking feedback at all stages
- In relation to all projects, analyse and track progress in order to adhere to launch deadlines, resolving development issues as they arise.
- Continuously look for ways to improve production- driving efficiencies
- Management of your team, supporting them in their development and creating a lean culture, safe working environment and positive company culture
The Successful Applicant
The successful Process Development Manager will:
- Be Degree Educated (preferably within a relevant food sector) OR have substantial experience of working within food manufacturing and leading a team
- Previous experience in a similar role and therefore be familiar operating root cause analysis, problem solving and evaluate/interpret shelf life results.
- Expert in interpreting customer code of practice with strong food legislation and legal knowledge.
- Be very organised and methodical in your approach
- Have sound project management abilities
- Have strong people skills, being able to communicate easily and comfortable dealing with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Have excellent management skills and be ready to get stuck in where necessary
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays) and a competitive pension rate