- Fantastic manufacturing business looking to expand their team
About Our Client
They've combined over a century of engineering expertise, the very best innovators and cutting edge technology to deliver unrivalled product choice on a global scale. Together, we're speeding up to a zero carbon transportation.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by performing time and method study, designing and
- conducting fact finding studies; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly,
- tooling, and materials; liaise with suppliers and actively engage with Design Engineering and
- Production Operatives.
- Develops build processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing,
- modifying, and testing build methodology and the use of appropriate tooling; confer with
- suppliers and contractors involved in the build process.
- Improves build efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements,
- equipment requirements and layout and resource.
- Assures product and process quality by implementing Standard Operating Procedures,
- designing effective in process inspections and controls for the finished product and process
- capabilities; establishing standards; to confirm the manufacturing processes or identify a
- need to revisit and adapt.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by supporting input for calculating
- production, resource costs; reviewing planning schedules; and forecast future requirements.
- Support Finance to ensure information is aligned or discrepancies raised.
- Prepare input for product and process reports and appropriate reports to key production management by collecting, analysing and summarising information and trends.
- Provide process engineering information by answering questions and requests from
- Production Operatives, Production Management, Quality and Design Engineering.
- Mentor colleagues working in the production environment on the principals of 'Right First
- Time' and the agreed processes.
- Proactively involved in the design and development projects by capturing the manufacturing process, setting standards and supporting Production Operatives and Management with all 'ChangePoints'
- Ensure processes are compliant with legislative regulations.
- Provide direction to the Facilities department for the purchase, calibration and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain appropriate product and process data storage by keeping and maintaining databases/ administration files which are user friendly and accessible to all parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Able to act on ERN notifications to update documentation in a timely manner that does not affect production runs in a negative manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in automobile in process engineering and manufacturing. Experience in driving process change in a coachbuilding & automotive environment.
- At least 10 years' experience in process engineering or manufacturing roles.
- Practical Problem Solving (PPS) methods in your 'Tool Kit'.
- Good organisation and communication skills
- Able to read/interpret engineering drawings.
- Use of MS packages (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel) - SAGE & SAP experience desirable.
- Good understanding of TQM/ISO standards/TS 16949
- Good knowledge of engineering methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development. Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plan (CP), Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Manufacturing BOM.
Good communication skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Good people management and development skills.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must have the motivation and drive to ensure tasks are completed within the required timescales and to the expected standards.
- Must have a positive "can do" attitude.
What's on Offer
- Full time permanent
- £33,000 - 35,000 per annum
- Full time hours