- Lead the Process Engineering Department to improve and optimise chemical process
- Part of a global business who can offer longevity and development
About Our Client
My client are a global manufacturing business.
As the Process Engineering Manager you will lead the Process Engineering Department to improve and optimise chemical process and packaging technology and performance, manage the Process Safety program activities to ensure a safe facility and develop and implement Capital Projects to support strategic plans for growth and sustainability.
- Creates, develops and drives a High Performing team of Engineers across Process, Project, and EC&I disciplines.
- Develops, implements, and manages the Process Safety Management programs for the site ensuring continued safety and environmental performance of the operations and compliance with both Cabot and Regulatory requirements.
- Develops, manages, and implements the site capital long range plan, annual capital budget and forecast to support continued operation of the site, improvements in process technology and to meet future business and regulatory needs.
- Develops and executes capital projects with robust business cases and appropriate technical solutions to meet the needs of the site and business.
- Develops, manages and implements the engineering standards for the site and provides expert knowledge of process and equipment technology to the Production, Reliability and Capital Project functions.
- Continuously improves Chemical Process performance and provides detailed structured technical investigation to process, equipment and product problems.
- Designs and implements solutions to achieve net Carbon zero sustainability targets.
- Develops and manages the Engineering budget for the site.
- Manages, improves and implements Process Control and Automation systems for the site.
- As part of the Site Leadership Team, develop and implement long range strategy, action plans and objectives.
- Acts as the On-Call Manager and responds to emergency incidents at the site when scheduled to do so.
The Successful Applicant
As the Process Engineering Manager you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Master's Degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Track record gained Chemical, Metals, Materials Manufacturing environments, preferably of both Batch and Continuous Processes gained within a Global Business.
- Extensive hands on Process and Project engineering experience.
- PSM Certified - with significant industry experience of HAZOP / PHA, LOPA, SIL, DSEAR, Mechanical Integrity and Management of Change programs. COMAH experience preferred.
- Demonstrated people and project team leadership.
- Detailed practical knowledge of chemical process operations; process engineering design and project management.
- Strong Process Safety Management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of continuous improvement, problem solving and analytical tools / techniques.
- Highly analytical and data driven.
- Lean Six Sigma qualified - black belt preferred.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits package.