Process Improvement Engineer
NEW Process Improvement Engineer position based in Huddersfield.
Production Engineer to drive Continuous Improvement and new projects.
About Our Client
Located in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire my client are a leading Design and manufacturing business supplying into a range of markets including the building industry. the position is a new position and would fit somebody who is looking for a quick progression routes and developing there personal skills.
As the Process Improvement Engineer you will work on multiple improvement projects including NPI, process flow and process improvements across the large manufacturing facility based in Huddersfield, you will have the following main duties:
- Lead and support operations to resolve technical issues, ensuring all investigation work is documented, by developing robust production processes and improving product designs, with the aim to reduce cost and improve reliability, while complying with current quality standards
- Define and document clear written specifications and procedures to direct the Operations team in effective and efficient product assembly and test
- Develop, document and improve required tooling and associated test jigs, in a timely manner, by liaising with the design and manufacturing teams, to guarantee product quality and operational productivity and efficiency
- Manage and review all operational product and process documentation and ERP system information changes (including bills of materials, product routings and design change requests)
- Liaise with the design and manufacturing teams to review and develop suitable operational processes and testing systems, to successfully manufacture high quality new products which meet customer specifications and delivery expectations
- Undertake detailed analysis using statistical methods, providing relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to evidence process weakness and measure improvement whilst proposing and implementing corrective actions
- Establish productive, dynamic, working relationships with the Engineering, Design and Manufacturing departments, prioritising the required work and maintaining regular associations through meetings and communications to discuss any issues
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Process Improvement Engineer position you will be an enthusiastic, driven, self-starting, problem solver with a 'can do' attitude. You will also be capable of managing multiple tasks, using their own initiative and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- MINIMUM 5 years post-grad experience.
- A recognised qualification or demonstrable experience in implementing Lean / 6 Sigma.
- A successful track record of change and process improvement.
- Customer focused and target driven
- Ability to identify solutions based on a mixture of analysis, experience and judgement.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- An effective verbal and written communicator all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to coach and train others in Lean techniques.
- A self-motivated problem solver
- Possess excellent H&S awareness.
What's on Offer
Salary is £28,000 to £35,000